IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
I. Terms and Conditions for Vested Money Visa Card
This Cardholder Agreement (“Agreement”) outline the terms and conditions under which the Vested Money Visa (the “Card”) has been issued to you by Evolve Bank & Trust (Member FDIC) (the “Bank”). The Bank has retained a Program Manager to provide certain services on the Bank’s behalf. “Program Manager” for the Vested Money Visa Card is Solid Financial Technologies, Inc. “Card Account” means the records we maintain to account for the value of transactions associated with the Card. “You” and “your” means the person or persons who have received the Card and are authorized to use the Card as provided for in this Agreement. “We,” “us,” and “our” means the Bank, our successors, affiliates, assignees and our third-party service providers. The Card will remain the property of the Bank and must be surrendered upon demand. The Card is non-transferable and may be canceled, repossessed, or revoked without prior notice, subject to applicable law. Please read this Agreement carefully and keep it for future reference.
This Agreement is provided to you in electronic format pursuant to the E-Signature and Electronic Disclosure Agreement you accepted and agreed to when you opened your Card Account. By accepting and/or using this Card, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement.
Please keep for future reference the customer service telephone number, +91 9513375607, in case the Card is lost, stolen or destroyed.
THIS AGREEMENT IS SUBJECT TO MANDATORY ARBITRATION PURSUANT TO THE FEDERAL ARBITRATION ACT AND A WAIVER OF THE CLASS ACTION PROVISION. SEE SECTION XIX BELOW.
II. The Card
The Card is a debit card that is funded by your Card Account. The Card allows you to access funds deposited to your Card Account by you or on your behalf. The funds in your Card Account will be FDIC-insured pursuant and subject to applicable law. You may access the funds in your Card Account using your Card or Card Number or by Automated Clearing House (“ACH”) debit using your Account Number. The Card is not a credit card or a gift card and may not be gifted, sold or transferred. You will not receive any interest on your funds in the Card Account. The expiration date of the Card is listed on the Card. However, the funds in your Card Account will not expire, regardless of the expiration date listed on the Card. If your Card Account becomes inactive and subject to escheatment under state law, we may remit funds in your Card Account to the state of your residence, and you may claim the funds from the state.
You agree that the Card will be used primarily for personal, family and household purposes and not for business use. You may not use the Card for illegal gambling or other illegal transactions. We reserve the right to cancel, close or restrict the use of the Card and Card Account, including by refusing the processing of any transaction, if we believe you have violated this Agreement or any applicable law.
You must activate the Physical Card and complete the activation process from your Vested Money application, including setting a Personal Identification Number (“PIN”), before it may be used. You should memorize your PIN and not write down your PIN or keep your PIN with your Card. If you believe that anyone has gained unauthorized access to your PIN, you should advise the Bank and Vested Money immediately, following the procedures in Section XVII (Your Liability for Unauthorized Transfers) below. You agree to sign the back of the Card immediately upon receipt.
Virtual Card – You may have the option of accessing your account with a virtual card, in addition to your physical card, represented by a 16-digit account number (“Virtual Card”). The Virtual Card can be used for multiple transactions. You may not use your Virtual Card to obtain cash anywhere.
The fees relating to the use (including misuse) of your Card or Card Account are set forth in this Agreement and the attached fees exhibit (Exhibit 1) (the “Fees”). Exhibit 1 is incorporated herein by reference. Fees incurred pursuant to the terms of this Agreement will be withdrawn from your Card Account and will be assessed even if there is no remaining balance in your Card Account unless prohibited by law. You agree to pay all Fees associated with the Card. From time to time, we may amend the Fees, at our sole discretion, as set forth in Section XX (Other Terms). If you request a service that is not included in Exhibit 1 and there is a fee for such service, such fee will be disclosed when you request the service, and you agree that any such fee may be deducted from your Card Account.
IV. No Authorized Users
You are responsible for all authorized transactions initiated and fees incurred using the Card. You may not permit anyone else to use your Card or Card Account. Without limiting the foregoing, if you permit another person to have access to the Card or Card Account, this will be treated as if you authorized such use, and you will be liable for all transactions and fees incurred by those persons. You are wholly responsible for using each Card according to the terms of this Agreement, subject to Section XVI (Lost or Stolen Cards or Unauthorized Transactions) and Section XVII (Your Liability for Unauthorized Transactions) below and other applicable laws.
V. Using the Card, Card Account and Limits
Subject to the limitations set forth in this Agreement, you may use your Card and Card Account, as applicable, to access funds in your Card Account, including to purchase goods or services wherever your Card is honoured as long as you do not exceed the value available in your Card Account and aggregate purchases do not exceed the limits set forth in Exhibit 2. There may be Fees associated with some of these transactions. For fee information, see Exhibit 1 attached to this Agreement.
- You will be provided with the Bank’s routing number and assigned a 16-digit account number (the “Account Number”) once your identity has been verified. The Bank’s routing number and your assigned Account Number are for the purpose of initiating direct deposits to your Card Account and authorized ACH debit transactions only. If you do not have sufficient funds in your Card Account, debits to your Card Account may be declined, and your payment will not be processed. You also may be assessed an ACH decline fee (see Exhibit 1).
- With your PIN, the Card may be used to obtain cash at any Automated Teller Machine (“ATM”) displaying the Visa or MoneyPass acceptance marks, subject to your applicable daily cash withdrawal limit set forth in Exhibit 2. The Card cannot be used at international ATMs without prior notice. Fees may apply (see Exhibit 1 for details). ATM owner-operators may impose their own fees and lower limits on cash withdrawals. All ATM transactions are treated as cash withdrawal transactions and are subject to your daily cash withdrawal limit. You may use your PIN at any Point of Sale (“POS”) device, as permitted by a merchant that bears the Interlink acceptance marks and is subject to your daily purchase limit. Each time you use the Card, you authorize the Bank to reduce the value available in your Card Account balance by the amount of the transaction and any applicable fees.
- Foreign Transactions – The Card may only be used to conduct transactions within the 50 United States, District of Columbia and U.S. Territories (Puerto Rico, Guam, Northern Marianas, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and American Samoa). The Card may be used to conduct international transactions, including, without limitation, transactions conducted on international merchant websites or mobile applications accessible within the United States, provided the merchant accepts the Visa or any other logo on the Card. All debits to your Card Account will be posted in U.S. dollars. Transactions made in a foreign currency are converted into U.S. dollar amounts by Visa, using its then-current currency conversion procedure and rate. The currency conversion rate used on the processing date may differ from the rate in effect on the transaction date or periodic statement posting date. Foreign transactions are subject to foreign transaction fees, as set forth in Exhibit 1, and will be included in the amount charged to your Card Account.
- Card Not Present Transactions – If you initiate a transaction without presenting your Card (such as for mail order, internet or telephone purchase or an ACH debit), the legal effect will be the same as if you used the Card itself. For security reasons, the amount or number of such transactions you may make may be limited.
- The total amount of purchases, transfers, reloads, and cash withdrawals (including withdrawals inside a bank office) that you can perform in any single day or over any other period is limited to the amounts set forth in the enclosed Exhibit 2. For security reasons, you may be further limited as to the number or dollar amount of transactions you can make with your Card. We may, at our discretion, modify the limits from time to time. You will be notified of any change in the manner provided by applicable law prior to the effective date. Card limits are subject to periodic review and may be changed based on your Card Account history, activity, and other factors, including but not limited to your Card activity. We retain sole discretion to apply and change limits.
- You may add funds to your Card Account at any time. The maximum deposit amount is set forth in Exhibit 2. You agree to present the Card and meet identification requirements to complete deposit transactions as may be required from time to time. Deposit locations may have their own deposit limits that may be less than our allowable amount. Deposit locations also may assess a fee to deposit funds to your Card Account. You also may direct deposit funds to your Card Account by providing the Bank’s routing number and your assigned Account Number to your employer or other direct deposit payors. You cannot deposit funds into your Card Account by check or money order.
VI. Split Transactions and Authorization Holds
Split Transactions – If you do not have sufficient funds in your Card Account, you can instruct the merchant to charge a part of the purchase to the Card and pay the remaining amount with cash or another card. These are called “split transactions.” Some merchants do not allow cardholders to conduct split transactions. Some merchants will only allow you to do a split transaction if you pay the remaining amount in cash. If you fail to inform the merchant that you would like to complete a split transaction before swiping your Card, your Card is likely to be declined.
Authorization Holds – When you use your Card to purchase goods or services or to make a cashback withdrawal transaction, the merchant may attempt to obtain preauthorization for the transaction. If the merchant makes such a request, a “hold” is placed on your Card Account balance for the amount of the preauthorization request (which may vary in some cases from the amount of the actual purchase, depending on the merchant or purchase type), until the merchant sends the final payment amount of your purchase, or for up to sixty (60) days, even if you fail to make the purchase. During the hold period, you may not have access to the pre-authorized amount in your Card Account. We will not be responsible if any transactions are not completed because of the hold. If the preauthorization request varies from the amount of the actual transaction, the actual transaction amount will be debited from your Card Account, even if this results in your Card Account balance becoming negative. You remain responsible for any negative balances in your Card Account. If you use the Card at an automated fuel dispenser (“pay at the pump”), the transaction may be preauthorized for an amount up to $100.00. If the Card is declined, but you have sufficient funds available in your Card Account, you should use the Card to pay for the purchase inside with the cashier. Suppose you use the Card at a restaurant, hotel, car rental, or similar purchases; in that case, the transaction may be preauthorized for the purchase amount plus up to 20% to ensure sufficient funds are available to cover tips or incidental expenses. You do not have the right to stop payment on any purchase or payment transaction originated by use of the Card.
VII. Obligation for Negative Balances
Each time you initiate a Card transaction, you authorize the Bank to reduce the funds available in your Card Account by the amount of the transaction and all associated fees. You cannot exceed the available amount in your Card Account through an individual transaction or a series of transactions (creating a “negative balance”). Nevertheless, if any transaction causes the balance in your Card Account to go negative, including any purchase transactions where the retailer or merchant does not request authorization, you shall remain fully liable to us for the amount of any negative balance and any corresponding transaction fees. You may also be liable for any related Insufficient Funds/NSF Fee(s) as set forth in Exhibit 1. We reserve the right to bill you for any negative balance or to recoup such negative balance from any other Card we have issued to you. You agree to pay us promptly for the negative balance and any related fees. We also reserve the right to cancel your Card if you create one or more negative balances with your Card. If you fail to pay us the amounts owed under this Agreement, we may refer your Card Account and collection of amounts owed to a collection agency.
VIII. Recurring Transactions
If you intend to use your Card for recurring transactions, you should monitor your balance and ensure you have funds available in your Card Account to cover the transactions. “Recurring transactions” are transactions that are authorized in advance by you to be charged to your Card at substantially regular intervals. We are not responsible if a recurring transaction is declined because you have not maintained a sufficient balance in your Card Account to cover the transaction. If these recurring transactions vary in amount, the recipient of the recurring transaction should inform you, ten (10) days before each payment, when it will be made and how much it will be. You may choose to get this notice only when the payment would differ by more than a certain amount from the previous payment or when the amount would fall outside the limits you set. If you have provided instructions for recurring transactions from your Card Account, you can stop the payment by notifying us orally at +91 9513375607. If you call, we also may require you to put your request in writing and get it to us within fourteen (14) days after you call. If you order us to stop one of these payments three (3) business days or more before the transfer is scheduled, we will be liable for your direct losses or damages. If you have authorized a merchant to make the recurring transaction, you also should contact the applicable merchant to stop the recurring transaction.
IX. Pre Authorized Credit
Suppose you have arranged to have direct deposits made to your Card Account at least once every sixty (60) days from the same person or company, and you do not receive a receipt/statement (paystub). In that case, you can check your transaction history from the Vested Money application and download statement.
You may obtain information about the funds available in your Card Account using Vested Money’s mobile application. This information, along with a 12-month history of Card transactions, is available by logging into your account using the Vested Money mobile application. You also have a right to obtain a 24-month written history of Card transactions by emailing email@example.com or by calling +91 9513375607. Pursuant to the E-Signature and Electronic Disclosure Agreement, we will deliver any account statements required by law to you electronically. This means you will not automatically receive paper statements. You are responsible for keeping track of your available Card Account balance. Merchants generally will not be able to determine your available balance. Knowing your available Card Account balance before making any transaction is important.
XI. Return and Refunds
If you are entitled to a refund for any reason for goods or services obtained with the Card, you agree to accept credits to your Card Account for refunds and agree to the merchant’s refund policy. Neither the Bank nor Vested Money is responsible for the delivery, quality, safety, legality or any other aspects of the goods or services you purchase from others with the Card. If you have a problem with a purchase you made with the Card, or if you have a dispute with the merchant, you must handle it directly with the merchant. The amounts credited to your Card for refunds may not be available for up to five (5) days from the date the refund transaction occurs.
You should get or request a receipt when you make a transaction or obtain cash using your Card. You agree to retain your receipts to verify your transactions. You can get a receipt at the time you make a withdrawal from your Card Account using one of our ATM terminals (if available).
XIII. Card Cancellation, Suspension and Limits, and Card Replacement
We reserve the right, at any time and at our sole discretion, to limit your use of the Card, including limiting or prohibiting specific types of transactions. The Bank may refuse to issue a Card, revoke Card privileges or cancel your Card with or without cause or notice, other than as required by applicable law. If you would like to cancel the use of your Card, you may do so from the Vested Money Banking application. You agree not to use or allow others to use an expired, revoked, canceled, suspended, or otherwise invalid Card. The cancellation of Card privileges will not otherwise affect your rights and obligations under this Agreement. Not all services described in this Agreement are available to all persons or locations. We reserve the right to limit, at our sole discretion, the provision of any such services to any person or in any location. Any offer or service in this Agreement shall be deemed void where prohibited. We can waive or delay enforcement of any of their rights under this Agreement without losing them.
If you need to replace the Card for any reason, you can place a replacement request from the Vested Money banking application. If you believe the Card has been lost or stolen, you may immediately disable it from the Vested Money application. We may cancel any Card that has been disabled for sixty (60) calendar days or longer.
XV. Our Liability for Failure to Complete Transactions
In no event will Bank or Vested Money be liable for consequential damages (including lost profits), extraordinary damages, or special or punitive damages. Neither Bank nor Vested Moneywill be liable, for instance: (1) if, through no fault of Vested Money or of the Bank, you do not have enough funds available in your Card Account to complete the transaction; (2) if a merchant refuses to accept your Card or provide cash back; (3) if an ATM where you are making a cash withdrawal does not have enough cash; (4) if an electronic terminal where you are making a transaction does not operate properly, and you knew about the problem when you initiated the transaction; (5) if access to your Card has been blocked after you reported your Card lost or stolen; (6) if there is a hold or your funds are subject to legal process or other encumbrance restricting their use; (7) if Vested Money or the Bank has reason to believe the requested transaction is unauthorized; (8) if circumstances beyond Vested Money or the Bank’s control (such as fire, flood or computer or communication failure) prevent the completion of the transaction, despite reasonable precautions that Vested Money or the Bank has taken; or (9) any other exception stated in this Agreement with you.
XVI. Lost or Stolen Cards or Unauthorized Transfers
If you believe your Card or PIN has been lost, stolen or compromised, call +91 9513375607 or contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at Vested Money Inc, 222 N. Sepulveda Blvd. Suite 10-124, El Segundo, CA 90245. You should also call us at the number set forth in this Section or write us at the address set forth in this Section if you believe an electronic transfer has been made using the information from your Card or Card Account without your permission.
XVII. Your Liability for Unauthorized Transactions
You agree to exercise reasonable control over your PIN(s), user ID(s), password(s) and any other access code related to your Card Account (each, an “Access Code”) and your Card. If you believe the Card or Access Code has been lost, compromised or stolen, immediately contact us at+91 9513375607 or email us at email@example.com.Telephoning is the best way to minimize your possible losses. If you believe that someone has transferred money or may transfer money from your Card Account without your permission, call +91 9513375607 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may suspend or cancel your Card and/or corresponding Card Account in the event of excessive reports of Card loss or theft. Under Visa Rules, you will not be held responsible for unauthorized transactions if you had used reasonable care to protect your Card from loss or theft and promptly reported to us when you knew that your Card was lost or stolen. Zero Liability does not apply to Visa payment cards used for commercial purposes or anonymous prepaid cards (until such time as the identity of the cardholder has been registered with us). In the event that Visa Zero Liability does not apply, if you notify us within two (2) business days after you learn of any unauthorized transactions, you can lose no more than $50.00 if someone used your Card without your permission. If you do not notify us within two (2) business days after you learn of the loss or theft of your Card, and we can prove that we could have stopped someone from using your Card without your permission if you had promptly notified us, you could lose as much as $500.00.
Also, if you become aware of and/or your statement shows transactions you did not make, notify us at once following the procedures stated in Section XVIII (Your Right to Dispute Errors). If you do not notify us within sixty (60) days after you become aware of the transaction and/or after the statement was made available to you, you may not get back any value you lost after the sixty (60) days if we can prove that we could have stopped someone from taking the value if you had notified us in time.
You will not be liable for unauthorized use that occurs after you notify us of the loss, theft or unauthorized use of your Card or Access Code(s). You also agree to cooperate completely with us and the Bank in attempts to recover funds from unauthorized users and to assist in their prosecution. The Bank may issue replacement Card(s) or Access Code(s) only after you have provided proof, security, or indemnification as the Bank may require. In addition, you acknowledge that the Bank may have to deactivate your Card(s) and/or Card Account to prevent future losses. If you share your Card(s) or Access Code(s) with another person, that person’s use of your Card Account may be considered authorized. If you authorize another person to use your Card or Access Code(s), you agree that you will be liable for all transactions arising from using the Card or Access Code(s) except as otherwise set forth in this Agreement. In all cases, our liability for an unauthorized transaction is limited to reimbursing you for the face amount of the unauthorized transaction and any corresponding fees, except as otherwise required by applicable law. A transaction is unauthorized if you do not initiate it, did not give permission to make the transaction, or did not benefit from the transaction in any way.
XVIII. Your Right to Dispute Errors
When an unauthorized transaction or other error occurs in the Card Account, including unauthorized transactions that occur because the Card has been lost or stolen, we will cover you for the full amount of every eligible unauthorized transaction or other error as long as you follow the procedures discussed in this Section. We must hear from you no later than sixty (60) days after we generate the first statement on which the problem or error appeared.
- Tell us your name and account number.
- Describe the error or transfer you are unsure about and explain as clearly as you can why you believe it is an error or why you need more information.
- Tell us the dollar amount of the suspected error.
If you tell us verbally, we may require that you send us your complaint or question in writing within ten (10) business days. We will determine whether an error occurred within ten (10) business days after we hear from you and will correct any error promptly. If we need more time, however, we may take up to forty-five (45) days (ninety (90) days for those transactions at merchant POS terminals, processed on a new account or initiated outside the United States) to investigate your complaint or question. If we decide to do this, we will credit your account within ten (10) business days for the amount you think is in error so that you will have full use of the money during the time it takes us to complete our investigation. We may not credit your account if we ask you to put your complaint or question in writing and do not receive it within ten (10) business days.
For errors involving new accounts (an account where the first deposit to the account occurs less than 30 days before the error), we may take up to twenty (20) business days to credit your account for the amount you think is in error.
We will tell you the results within three (3) business days after completing our investigation. If we decide that there was no error, we will send you a written explanation. You may ask for copies of the documents we used in our investigation.
XIX. Digital Wallet
Adding a Card – You can add your Card to a digital wallet by following the instructions of the digital wallet. The digital wallet may not be accepted in all places where your Card is accepted. We may terminate the ability for you to add the Card to a digital wallet at any moment.
Remove Your Card from the Digital Wallet – You should contact the digital wallet provider to remove a Card from the digital wallet. We can end or suspend your ability to use a Card with the Digital Wallet at any time.
Card Responsibility – You are solely responsible for maintaining the security of your digital wallet credentials (including user identification, password or other access credentials). If you share these credentials with any other person, you expressly authorize them to access your personal information, access your accounts and initiate charges to your Cards using the digital wallet service.
Fees – We currently do not impose a fee for using your Card in a Digital Wallet, but we reserve the right to impose a fee in the future. Please note that a Digital Wallet provider or another third party enabling or associated with your use of a Digital Wallet may charge a fee for using your Cards in a Digital Wallet.
No Liability for the Digital Wallet – We are not a digital wallet provider, and we are not responsible for providing the digital wallet service to you. We are only responsible for supplying information securely to the digital wallet provider to enable usage of the Card in such a digital wallet. We are not responsible for any failure of the digital wallet or the inability to use the digital wallet for any transaction. We are not responsible for the performance or non-performance of the digital wallet provider or any other third parties regarding any agreement you enter into with the digital wallet provider or associated third-party relationships that may impact your use of the digital wallet.
YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT USE OF THE DIGITAL WALLET SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE RISK AS TO SATISFACTORY QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, OR ACCURACY.
This Section sets forth the circumstances and procedures under which Claims (as defined below) shall be arbitrated instead of litigated in court upon the election of either party.
- Definitions – As used in this Arbitration Section, the term “Claim” means any claim, dispute or controversy between you and Bank, Program Manager or any of their agents or retailers, arising from or relating to the Card or this Agreement as well as any related or prior agreement that you may have had with us or the relationships resulting from this Agreement, including the validity, enforceability or scope of this Arbitration Section or the Agreement. “Claim” includes claims of every kind and nature, including but not limited to initial claims, counterclaims, cross-claims and third-party claims and claims based upon contract, tort, fraud and other intentional torts, statutes, regulations, common law and equity. The term “Claim” is to be given the broadest possible meaning that will be enforced and includes, by way of example and without limitation, any claim, dispute or controversy that arises from or relates to (i) your Card or the Cards of any additional cardholders designated by you; (ii) the amount of available funds on the Cards; (iii) advertisements, promotions or oral or written statements related to the Cards, goods or services purchased with the Cards; (iv) the benefits and services related to the Cards; and/or (v) your enrollment for any Card. As used in this Arbitration Section, the terms “we” and “us” shall for all purposes mean the Bank, Program Manager, their respective wholly or majority-owned subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, predecessors, successors, and assigns, and all of their agents, employees, directors and representatives. In addition, “we” or “us” shall include any third party using or providing any product, service or benefit in connection with any Cards (including, but not limited to merchants who accept the Card, third parties who use or provide services, debt collectors and all of their agents, employees, directors and representatives) if, and only if, such third party is named as a co-party with us (or files a Claim with or against us) in connection with a Claim asserted by you. As solely used in this Arbitration Section, the terms “you” or “yours” shall mean all persons or entities approved by us to have and/or use a Card, including but not limited to all persons or entities contractually obligated under any of the Agreements and all additional cardholders.
- Initiation of Arbitration Proceeding/Selection of Administrator – Any Claim shall be resolved, upon the election by you or us, by arbitration pursuant to this Arbitration Provision and the code of procedures of the national arbitration organization to which the Claim is referred in effect at the time the Claim is filed. Claims shall be referred to either Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services (“JAMS”) or the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”), as selected by the party electing to use arbitration. If a selection by us of one of these organizations is unacceptable to you, you shall have the right within thirty (30) days after you receive notice of our election to select the other organization listed to serve as arbitrator administrator. For a copy of the procedures, to file a Claim, or for other information about these organizations, contact them as follows: (i) JAMS at 1920 Main Street, Suite 300, Los Angeles, CA 92614; website at http://www.jamsadr.com; and (ii) AAA at 335 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10017; website at http://www.adr.org.
- Significance of Arbitration – IF ARBITRATION IS CHOSEN BY ANY PARTY WITH RESPECT TO A CLAIM, NEITHER YOU NOR WE WILL HAVE THE RIGHT TO LITIGATE THAT CLAIM IN COURT OR HAVE A JURY TRIAL ON THAT CLAIM, OR TO ENGAGE IN DISCOVERY EXCEPT AS PROVIDED FOR IN THE CODE OF PROCEDURES OF JAMS OR AAA, AS APPLICABLE (THE “CODE”). FURTHER, YOU WILL NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN A REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY OR AS A MEMBER OF ANY CLASS OF CLAIMANTS PERTAINING TO ANY CLAIM SUBJECT TO ARBITRATION. THE ARBITRATOR SHALL NOT CONDUCT A CLASS ARBITRATION OR A JOINT ARBITRATION EXCEPT AS SET FORTH BELOW. THE ARBITRATOR’S DECISION WILL BE FINAL AND BINDING. NOTE THAT OTHER RIGHTS THAT YOU WOULD HAVE IF YOU WENT TO COURT ALSO MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE IN ARBITRATION.
- Restrictions on Arbitration – If either party elects to resolve a Claim by arbitration, that Claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis. There shall be no right or authority for any Claims to be arbitrated on a class action basis or bases involving Claims brought in a purported representative capacity on behalf of the general public, other cardholders or other persons similarly situated. The arbitrator’s authority to resolve Claims is limited to Claims between you and us alone, and the arbitrator’s authority to make awards is limited to you and us alone. Furthermore, Claims brought by you against us or by us against you may not be joined or consolidated in arbitration with Claims brought by or against someone other than you unless otherwise agreed to in writing by all parties.
- Location of Arbitration/Payment of Fees – Any arbitration shall take place in San Francisco, California unless otherwise agreed in writing by the parties. At your written request, we will consider in good faith making a temporary advance of all or part of the filing administrative and/or hearing fees for any Claim you initiate as to which you or we seek arbitration. After the arbitration (or any appeal thereof), the arbitrator (or panel) will decide who will ultimately be responsible for paying the filing, administrative and/or hearing fees in connection with the arbitration (or appeal). If and to the extent you incur filing, administrative and/or hearing fees in arbitration, including for any appeal, exceeding the amount they would have been if the Claim had been brought in the state or federal court which is closest to your billing address and would have had jurisdiction over the Claim, we will reimburse you to that extent unless the arbitrator (or panel) determines that the fees were incurred without any substantial justification.
- Arbitration Procedures – This Arbitration Section is made pursuant to a transaction involving interstate commerce and shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act, 9 U.S.C. Sections 1-16, as it may be amended (the “FAA”). The arbitration shall be governed by the applicable Code, except that (to the extent enforceable under the FAA) this Arbitration Section shall control if it is inconsistent with the applicable Code. The arbitrator shall apply applicable substantive law consistent with the FAA and applicable statutes of limitations and shall honour claims of privilege recognized at law and, at the timely request of either party, shall provide a brief written explanation of the basis for the decision. In conducting the arbitration proceeding, the arbitrator shall not apply the Federal or any state rules of civil procedure or rules of evidence. Either party may submit a request to the arbitrator to expand the scope of discovery allowable under the applicable Code. The party submitting such a request must provide a copy to the other party, who may submit objections to the arbitrator with a copy of the objections provided to the requesting party, within fifteen (15) days of receiving the requesting party’s notice. The granting or denial of such request will be at the arbitrator’s sole discretion, who shall notify the parties of their decision within twenty (20) days of the objecting party’s submission. The arbitrator shall take reasonable steps to preserve the privacy of individuals and business matters. Judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. The arbitrator’s decision will be final and binding, except for any right of appeal provided by the FAA. However, any party can appeal that award to a three-arbitrator panel administered by the same arbitration organization, which shall consider anew any aspect of the initial award objected to by the appealing party. The appealing party shall have thirty (30) days from the date of entry of the written arbitration award to notify the arbitration organization that it is exercising the right of appeal. The appeal shall be filed with the arbitration organization in the form of dated writing. The arbitration organization will notify the other party that the award has been appealed. The arbitration organization will appoint a three-arbitrator panel which will conduct arbitration pursuant to its Code and issue its decision within one hundred twenty (120) days of the date of the appellant’s written notice date. The panel’s decision shall be by majority vote and shall be final and binding.
- Continuation – This Arbitration Section shall survive termination of your Card as well as voluntary payment of the debt in full by you, any legal proceeding by us to collect a debt owed by you, and any bankruptcy by you or us. If any portion of this Arbitration Section is deemed invalid or unenforceable under any principle or provision of law or equity consistent with the FAA, it shall not invalidate the remaining portions of this Arbitration Section, the Agreement or any prior agreement you may have had with us, each of which shall be enforceable regardless of such invalidity.
XXI. Other Terms
The Card and your obligations under this Agreement may not be assigned. The Bank may transfer its rights under this Agreement. Use of the Card is subject to all applicable rules and customs of any clearinghouse or other association involved in transactions. The Bank does not waive its rights by delaying or failing to exercise them at any time. If any provision of this Agreement shall be determined to be invalid or unenforceable under any rule, law, or regulation of any governmental agency, local, state, or federal, the validity or enforceability of any other provision of this Agreement shall not be affected. This Agreement will be governed by the law of the State of Tennessee except to the extent governed by federal law.
By activating the Card or by retaining, using or authorizing the use of it, you represent and warrant to us that: (i) you are at least 18 years of age (or older if you reside in a jurisdiction where the majority age is older); (ii) you are a U.S. citizen or legal alien residing in the fifty (50) states of the United States (“U.S.”) or the District of Columbia or any other country where we offer Vested Money; (iii) you have provided us with a verifiable street address (not a P.O. Box) or a valid passport(iv) the personal information you provide to us in connection with the Card is true, correct and complete; (v) you received a copy of this Agreement and agree to be bound by and to comply with its terms, and (vi) you accept the Card.
The terms and conditions of this Agreement may be revised by posting a revised version here [Hyperlink To Static Page With The Agreement]. You will be notified of any change in the manner provided by applicable law prior to the effective date of the change. However, if the change is made for security purposes, the Bank or Program Manager can implement such change without prior notice. We may cancel or suspend the Card or this Agreement at any time. You may cancel this Agreement by returning the Card to the Bank. Your termination of this Agreement will not affect any of the Bank’s or Program Manager’s rights or your obligations arising under this Agreement prior to termination. Suppose your Card is cancelled, closed or terminated for any reason. In that case, any remaining funds associated with the Card Account will be returned to you, subject to any contrary provision in this Agreement and applicable law.
|Fee Description||Fee Amount and Frequency||Additional Details|
|Fee for ATM Withdrawals||$2.00|
|Foreign ATM Transaction Fee||3% of transaction amount||This is our fee. You may also be charged a fee by the ATM operator or another third-party|
|ATM Cash Deposit Fee||$2.75.||Cash deposits are only available at select MoneyPass ATMs|
|Transaction Type||Dollar Limit per Day|
|Points of Sales (Merchants) Transactions||$5000|
|ATM Cash Withdrawal||$2000|
|ATM Cash Deposit (if MoneyPass)||$1000|